Monday, October 24, 2011

running

with my half marathon on the horizon (just under a month away!) i have had running on my brain nonstop.  i always enjoyed running, but lately, i can honestly say i LOVE it.  getting up to go to the gym at 5am started out to be quite the task, but now i don't mind it at all. i've gotten myself to the point where walking on the treadmill takes more effort than running, and i'm so proud of that. i've gotten myself to the point of running a solid 10 miles no problem, and i'm so proud of that. i love being able to lace up my running shoes and hit the pavement, turn on my music and just go for an hour or 2. i love that i have built up the endurance and made my body stronger than ever. i'm so excited for my half marathon - this is something that i have wanted to do for a long time! so, if you are in need of some runner's inspiration, here are a few of my motivators when i'm feeling the runner's slump...



all images via pinterest

special thanks to kristen and her motivational mondays for the inspiration behind this evening's post :)

xo,


1 comment: