Wednesday, June 1, 2011

all you need is love

...i don't even know where to begin this post..!

sunday, may 29th was the best day of my life!

as mentioned in an earlier post, shawn & i had plans to go to nyc on sunday.  i had planned the entire day for us from start to end:
8:00 am - bus
10:00 am - arrival
eat, walk, shop
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm - bike rental through central park
2:30-4:10 - visit with my cousin for drinks
4:30 - 6:30 - sailboat tour/wine tasting along the hudson
7:00 - dinner
8:30 - bolt bus home!

but, little did i know, shawn had actually planned the biggest and best part of the day!

as we were winding down our bike rental, shawn had insisted that we find a spot in the shade - he was hot and needed to sit in the shade to cool off. we found a very sweet, secluded rock in the shade and walked our bikes over.  we sat down and he asked me if i was having a good time. i told him i was & asked him if he was? he said yes as he leaned in for a kiss...then he told me he loved me...i told him i loved him too...he said some more lovey-dovey things as he proceeded to reach into his back pack and pull out a small wooden box.

at this point it was like i was watching the proposal happen to someone else. i knew that this was it. it was finally happening to me. in my favorite place in the world. i was crying and smiling and laughing and screaming all at the same time...

he got down on one knee and told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me.
he opened the box & asked me to marry him!!

i said yes!!!!!

it was the most perfect moment of my life. even as i am writing this, three days later, i still have the biggest smile on my face.  i am the happiest girl in the world!

he went on to tell me that my mom knew (he had dinner with her earlier last week), my brother knew, my cousin that we were planning to meet for drinks already knew!  he had taken all the right steps and did everything the right way. i can't put into words how i feel knowing that he did everything he did to make me happy.  this is the best feeling in the world!

he originally planned to do it this coming weekend, but as the nyc plans were coming along, he realized that this would be too perfect an opportunity to let pass by.  and i couldn't be happier! he really had me fooled too, because i had planned the entire trip!

the day went on & it just kept getting better.

we stayed on that rock for a little while longer.  we both called our moms. and we sat together hugging each other, and kissing and laughing and loving!  we took some photos & then headed to return our little bike rentals:)

we then met daniel for celebratory margaritas - this was so important to me and so special!

and then we were off to our sailboat tour & wine tasting...which i highly recommend to anyone visiting nyc.  this is a must on the to-do list!!









soooo, while i am absolutely obsessed with my ring (seriously have not stopped staring at it!!!) i am even more obsessed with the meaning behind it. which is not even something that i had ever thought about before getting engaged. i look at my ring and i think about the man that chose it FOR ME from HIM. it symbolizes love & unity & trust & friendship.  it stands for our entire relationship & a whole lifetime of love that is ahead of us.



i am floating on a cloud, loving life, can't stop smiling, never thought it was possible to feel this much happiness!

hoping that everyone gets to feel what i'm feeling in their lifetime . .

xo,

1 comment: